. TPO’s Plan
This document was posted on its own website; ABoldStepBack.com (since taken down) in Feb ’09, right after Obama was sworn in.
Since that time, we have seen many of the items here adopted by the Tea Party groups. We have also elected numerous Tea Party representatives which initially gave many of us hope. However, just recently all but 3 members of Congress voted contrary to the 1st Amendment, which states: Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech… to do exactly that… abridge the right to protest in public.
So… we STILL need to readdress the issues herein;, in fact, considering the staggering debt that Obama has brought upon us, we need to address these issues more than ever.
We on the right have lost focus, our politicians are spending too much, they are taxing too much, they are growing the government too much, and they are pandering to the special interests, rather than listening to and serving the people. Our representatives have only one goal once they win an election: to win the next one as well. Each year, we are seeing more and more members of Congress under investigation for wrong doing.
We have moved from electing statesmen to electing politicians. From having representatives serving us to those ruling us. It gets rather difficult to tell the two parties apart on many issues.
Even when we DO send a good person to DC with the best of intentions, he soon learns to sign off on someone elses’ pork to get his agenda approved; it has become a tailspin descent into the hell of Socialism and bankruptcy.
The right is so split, if a politician is too centrist, he loses the Christian right, if he’s too Christian , he loses the middle. The net effect is that we have LOST THE ENTIRE COUNTRY to a bunch of Socialists who are hell bent on destroying her.
The Republican party has such a stigma to it now from which it will be very difficult to recover and get back on track.
We rebrand the party. We CANNOT start a 3rd party, as it will only further doom us, and splinter the right. Rebranding is the right move. Make the platform simple and universal: Smaller government (DRASTICALLY SMALLER!!), much lower taxes, more freedom and liberty, security, and bring back the incentive to work: Capitalism.
Possible party names would be: The American Reform Party, The Freedom Party and The Liberty Party etc.
We need to first identify the seats coming up for election and decide who needs to be replaced ON BOTH sides of the aisle, and then we need to identify replacements for these seats.
So far, nothing new… right? WRONG!! We find people that understand that they are going in to make a very real difference, some very difficult choices, and DO THE RIGHT THING.
But while there, they will fight hard for our agenda, and NOT COMPROMISE at all. They will continually submit and fight for legislation to roll back the size of government, CONGRESSIONAL PAY ; voting to bring their pay in line with those that they represent. A Complete stop to all automatic pay raises, and tie any possible pay raises to a COLA index like private enterprise does. Serving should be an honor, not a get rich quick scheme. They will dismantle the Congressional benefits gravy train, scaling back their health care to the same system that Postal Workers and the military get. Congressmen are government servants just like these people, and it is a shame that they have, over the years voted themselves such extravagant excesses.
Term limits with 2 terms max at any level, and while your time goes toward govt. retirement, no one collects a dollar in retirement for less than 20 years service. Just like the people that you serve.
Within 2 election cycles, we should be able to have a majority, and we will start actually passing these agendas, shrinking our government to a fraction of what it is, restoring Congressional POWER to only that which is granted to it by the constitution
We will remove thousands of laws from the books; we have so many laws that it is virtually impossible to not break them. Congress was NOT given the power to be a nanny state and make me wear a helmet.
Massive Campaign reform. No Lobbyist or corporate money. You represent THE PEOPLE, not COMPANIES !!!
You are the representative; along with the party, you and your staff write the laws, enough having lobbyist writing bills that nobody even reads.
REAL Transparency, not the kind that we got with Obama. Bills get posted online so that THE PEOPLE can tell you what they want, and you HAD BETTER Listen.
The objective is to reduce the platform to a very small but vital one. Freedom, Security, Lower taxes, Personal Responsibility and Capitalism. Leave abortion, gay marriage and so many of the smaller issues off the platform. Let candidates from WITHIN the party present their views, but most of these issues should be determined within the states themselves.. I am pro life. Unabashedly and unashamedly. But I truly believe that far more freedom is lost by splitting the party down abortion or gay rights issues, than could possibly be lost by coming together on the major issues. The Right stood unwavering for years refusing to budge, and now we are ruled, truly ruled over by the most pro choice administration.
WE CANNOT WIN THE COUNTRY BACK IF WE ARE DIVIDED
So, as much as it hurts to say, there really is a bigger issue for the federal government. Let’s fight the more divisive issues in our own states. It is not the federal government’s place to legislate morality.
So much of the country has become addicted to the government teat. The federal government was not created to take care of us. It was founded to protect us from outside harm, to regulate interstate commerce and a very few other tasks. But to serve their own interests, the people that have been getting elected year after year have been feeding us… providing jobs, social programs all with the objective to keep us voting for them.
Even a crack addict needs to recognize the problem before they can make a move to recover. WAKE UP AMERICA !!! We have a problem!
This is just a very short outline of what I believe we need to do to take back our country. I would dearly like to hear from people both within the Republican party and those outside. The new party will be a MUCH BIGGER TENT than this country has ever seen, because it will be THE AMERICAN’s party. We can make this happen!
• Stop same day registration and voting. Eliminate fraud by requiring ID and fingerprint on ballot- if not fingerprint, at least Iraq style finger in ink.
• Stop paying Taxpayer $$ to fund the arts unless it’s in the School system
• DO NOT vote on any bill that you and your staff have not read in its entirety. No more having Lobbyists deliver a bill 2 hours prior to a vote, and no more games with the rules such as having a speed reader read the bill on the floor.
• Stop funding NPR. If people want to hear a radio/TV station, they will watch, sell ads just as other stations do.
• Stop requiring that one must belong to a union to work on a govt. project.
• Put what Stimulus’ money we do spend into REAL infrastructure jobs, and use bidding, not the current process of having projects out to campaign donors.
• No more earmarks period.
• Stop funding projects like pig smell research . ALL unnecessary spending stops. This is taxpayer money, not ‘get me reelected money’
• If we do not have the money, we do not spend the money – EXCEPT in a national emergency.
• Any valid research funding will need to be approved by a board of scientists, NOT by politicians.
• Let the states decide issues regarding Abortion / Gay Marriage etc, the Federal government need not meddle here.
• ANY federal money spent should benefit ALL states.
• Create tax breaks for companies that bring jobs home from other countries.
• Have a true nonpartisan panel set fair congressional districts and prohibit gerrymandering.
• Undo the restrictions on the Second Amendment , and Keep The Right to Bear Arms free of Gun Ban regulations.
• Strike all ‘protected class’ hate crime regulations, while well meaning, the issue is out of control. If a violent crime is comitted it i.e. EQUALLY wrong against one person as against another. Equal protection under the law. What part of EQUAL did they not understand?
• Adopt a Fair Tax as outlined at fairtax.org. saves money, and eliminates the IRS – SHRINK the government!
• Close the border. The money for a complete fence has alresady been approved. Use it and build the fence to Keep the illegal alien problem from getting any worse than it is.
• Tort reform is necessary. Initiate legislation that will stop the courts from being a conduit to get rich every time we do something stupid like spilling coffee in our laps.
• Mandatory overhaul of all school books in public schools. Stop the ‘dumbing down’ and the liberal slant, truth twisting and lies that have overtaken our educational programs.
• Push for strong school voucher programs. Teacher’s unions are against it for their own self interest. The Kids are all that matter. Force the public schools to be competitive.
• Create tax incentives for corporations to provide technology for all K-12 schools.
Las Vegas, NV
PLEASE, feel free to Email me with questions or comments. this is a draft, and I would appreciate your input.Follow VeronicaCoffin