Submitted by: Veronica Coffin
Since the entered the national stage in 1992, one of the Clinton’s biggest donors has been none other than Fox News.
An analysis by The Wall Street Journal reveals that over the last 23 years, 21st Century Fox and News Corp – Fox News’ parent company – has donated more than $3 million to the Clinton’s various campaigns.
That’s more than other media giants like Disney (which owns ABC) and Time Warner and many major unions like the American Federation of Teachers.
The figure makes Fox the ninth largest contributor to Hillary Clinton.
The largest donor by far is Newsweb, a media conglomerate owned by liberal billionaire Fred Eychaner. His company has given the Clintons at least $25 million since 1992. Also on the list are some expected leftist groups and companies, along with some surprises. Here’s the top ten breakdown, along with their donations to the Clinton’s:
- Newsweb: $25.1 million
- Slimfast: $6 million
- The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees: $5.4 million
- The Coca-Cola Company: $5.3 million
- Goldman Sachs: $5 million
- Citigroup: $3.9 million
- Service Employees International Union: $3.8 million
- Communication Workers of America: $3.7 million
- 21st Century Fox / News Corp: $3 million
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers: $2.7 million
The folks at TruthInMedia.com wonder if fans of Fox News (which is considered the most trusted news source in the country) would be concerned that their chosen network – which claims a “Fair and Balanced” approach to the news – is really so objective when they’re pouring millions into the Clinton’s coffers.
It’s a good question.